My New Friends

I went to a new venue the other night and listened to some live music. I was the third oldest person in the place but that didn’t matter, because I learned something new about the younger generation and I liked what I learned. Everyone knows that Nashville is my favorite city to visit.  There is…

Life Throws You a Willy

I was out for a shuffle and realized that sometimes, you just don’t see it coming. It was early Monday morning when I headed out the door dressed in my shuffle shorts, shoes, and shirt.  That’s a lot of S’s at a time when the only ‘S’ I really wanted was sleep. Shortly into my…

Ta-Da! It’s a Circus

I recently shared a few fabulously funny things that I saw while traveling by air a few weeks ago.  I wrote a story about jiggling during pre-boarding and another about inflight crinkling by Chris Crinkle. I have one more story to share about that flight and it will close out the trifecta. Three funny stories…

Something Old, Something New

I went to the Habitat for Humanity Restore the other day. I wasn’t shopping for anything in particular, but I thought I’d stop in and look around at the old stuff people no longer wanted.  Surprisingly, I found something new and I’m still trying to get over it. Upon arriving at the store, I noticed…

Dog Jog

After my fitness tracker stopped working and Fitbit wouldn’t flip the switch to fix it, I decided that I needed to do a little more physical activity, otherwise I would ‘just stay fat.’ I used to be a runner.  Now that I think about it, runners can usually run a decent distance and supposedly, they…

I’m Officially Older

I often heard my grandmother and in-laws talk about going on bus trips and so I assumed it was something you did when you got older.  Apparently, I am officially older. The red letter day happened last month.  I can remember red letter days on the large paper calendar with tear off sheets that the…